Need some inspiration to break free from the same old boring salad and go beyond the basic Cobb and Caesar? Look no further.
This is the season to go crazy with salads. Fresh produce (from your garden or the farmer’s market) is abundant and ready for the picking!
I’ve discovered (and share below) some great salad recipes and also offer a couple of our own favorites. I hope they help inspire you to break out of your salad box and create something special. Enjoy!
1. Orange and Blue Grilled Romaine Salad: Adding a little heat (literally) to your salad makes a delicious, simple pairing even better. You’ll impress even your mother-in-law! (A side of protein and you have a killer meal.)
2. Baby Spinach Salad with Dates and Almonds: A Middle Eastern flair makes this salad special. I can hear the zither playing in the background already…
3. Vegan Bliss: This is one of our favorite Bliss & Vinegar creations. Love it! Tuscan kale, quinoa, romaine, broccoli, corn, edamame, walnuts, dried cherries and Honey Dijon Dressing. I’m not vegan but I’d consider becoming one if I was guaranteed that all my meals would be this good.
4. Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce: Because I do love broccoli but mine is always boring… peanut sauce really does make everything better!
5. Mango, Avocado Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing: I’ll happily consume anything (maybe I should rephrase that?) that transports me south-of-the-border.
6. Warm and Smokey Asparagus Salad: I seriously may never eat plain asparagus again. Like ever.
7. Peruvian Corn Salad: Another Bliss & Vinegar favorite! Greens, roasted chicken, corn, quinoa, Queso Fresco and Kalamata olives with homemade Orange-Aji Vinaigrette. This one I crave. Machu Picchu here I come! (Note: All of our salads are made-to-order and customized to your liking. Pick and choose from over 60 toppings!)
8. Summer Salad with Poached Egg: Lots of fresh garden veggies and a simple vinaigrette. The egg, either poached (high class) or fried takes this salad from good to great! (Would also be terrific with Salmon. Yum!)
9. Anna Jones’ Raw Thai Citrus Crunch Salad: Inspiration often appears from far away lands. All I’ll say is “take me away!” I especially love the crunch of carrots. Perfect for a side dish or add protein and, hot diggity, it’s a meal!
10. Blueberry, Arugula Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing: Fresh & light – perfect summer flavors. I’m in.